Preform Operator I
Safely and efficiently operate equipment in a work environment that requires PPE to process rubber and rubber related materials for preforming blanks used in downstream processes while meeting specification and production requirements.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with employees and management to meet production demands
- Safely and consistently operate process and mechanical equipment such as overhead hoist, pallet jack, hydraulic lift table and other equipment as required
- Effectively utilize measuring tools such as scale, calipers, rulers and other tools as required
- Adhere to company policies, standard work procedures and job safety standards, including required PPE
- Support preventative maintenance program efforts
- Accurately input data to the MRP system
- Produce products within specifications and production requirements
- Maintain product identification and traceability
- Transport materials to and from designated areas
- Maintain housekeeping as designated
- Support compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Effectively work in a teamwork environment with internal and external resources
- Support internal, external, and quality audits
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to function with occasional supervision while meeting deadlines
- Basic oral and written communication
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Basic computer and arithmetic skills
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-3 years job related experience
- Must be able to complete work needing hand dexterity, standing, sitting, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, squatting, and climbing
- Able to consistently lift and push up to 50 pounds
- Must have 20/20 vision or corrective lenses
This job operates in a manufacturing environment, around machinery, industrial chemicals. This role routinely uses tools and other such equipment during the course of the job duties. Provided Personal Protective Equipment, as well as steel-toed boots or shoes, must be worn at all times.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Thursday.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Utex Industries is an equal employment opportunity employer and shall make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, and/or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.